Saturday, October 27, 2007

Geo Prizm is Sold!

Today(well Oct. 26 actually) was the last day I was going to strap my bicycle onto my Geo. The back of the car bears the scars of when I didn't know where to position the steel pedals during transport. Took it to the smog test station in the morning-- passed easily. Went to work. The guy came by the office late in the afternoon and we filled out the bill of sales and transferred the title. Exchanged cash for keys. Final selling price was $1850. The final odometer reading was 152,110 or something like that. Rode my bicycle home. Funny, on my way home, he called me from the freeway afterwards saying the temp gauge seemed to be going up as high as he thought it should. It was working fine in this morning. I think the weather was just kind of chilly. He didn't call back so I hope it that means it started to act normal further along on his trip back home.

Glad to finally sell it. Glad that it went to someone who appreciates the Prizm as a nice little car. (The guy used to have a '94 Prizm.)

So now with only driving the one car...hopefully I can acclimate to it faster. I think going back and forth between two cars made it hard to get to know the new car. Take parallel parking for example. This should be an easy task for this car, because of the lighter steering. It is freakin' easy to turn the wheel when parking. Right now I seem to end up backing in pretty sharply and I think I am going to hit the curb, but when I "return" I end up kind of far from the curb. With the Geo I was a pretty decent parallel parker. Living in S.F., you can't help but develop those skills. I intend to be a decent parallel parker again.

No comments: