Monday, October 29, 2007

Enjoying The New Ride


Odometer: 1596 Avg. MPG: 27.0
I've been racking up the miles pretty good. This weekend I was able to take it up to the Marin Headlands. I had no problems scooting up those hills to check out the marvelous views of the Golden Gate Bridge and SF. Very nice. Even ran into "Flat Stanley" while I was up there.

Also headed into touristy Sausalito where I saw Bill Dan doing his rock balancing thing. If you have never seen this, you will be amazed. It is not an illusion. While he is limited to the minute balancing point of each rock and so he can't really compose as freely as a sculptor or painter, what emerges is usually very artistic looking.

Today I needed to run a quick errand down to Redwood City along the wide open lanes Hwy 280 and up and down the rolling hills of Farm Hill Road. Was in a hurry so I was pushing it a little. Acceration and passing was confident. Even though I was going at a nice clip, the ride was super quiet, except on hard unfinished sections where the blacktop was scraped away. Tire noise was high on those sections. Finished off the ride going down the steep windy hills of Millbrae Avenue, which could be a good way to test the brakes and cornering of this car, except that if you screw up you can easily end up crashing into a $2M home or worse some pedestrian. Quite enjoyable, even though I was in a hurry.

No comments: