Friday, October 12, 2007

Geo Prizm LSi For Sale (SOLD 10/26)



I've had this car for 11 years of its 14 years and I still drive it on most weekdays, even though I have the new Elantra.
A great choice if you need reliable basic transportation. Consumer Guide - Auto remarks "Few small cars are more polished than a Prizm, or as well-constructed. We rank it right alongside the Toyota Corolla and Honda's Civic as top subcompacts."
I will be selling this soon I just have to change the title to my name, since I neglected to do it after I paid off the car. When the title comes, I will be accepting offers. Asking price: $2100. CLICK on IMAGES for better view.

Features:
  • Power sunroof with slide and tilt(love it)
  • Power Windows/Power locks
  • AM/FM Radio Cassette Deck
  • Denon 10-disc CD player
  • Driver side airbag
  • Anti-Lock Brakes
  • 4-door sedan, compact class
  • 1.8L 4-cyclinder engine
  • Automatic transmission
  • 151,920 miles
Good stuff:
  • Same platform and engine as 1993 Corolla. Built in Fremont, Ca at the NUMMI Plant (Very reliable! Quite a few are still on the road in my area.)
  • Gas mileage is about 27mpg, but I used to get 30, which was higher than Geo's published figures
  • Fairly clean inside, i am a non-smoker.
  • Never been in an accident. CARFAX copy available.
  • I always accelerate and brake gradually. (not a leadfoot) That's why the transmission lasted 15 years and I got better than stated gas mileage.
  • Seats are still very supportive, no holes.
  • Tires are 4 years old, but looking OK.
  • Small enough to fit in most spaces, but has decent horsepower.
  • Slate blue color doesn't attract attention of thieves or cops.


Recent Maintenance and Repairs:

Just spent $2000 on new rebuilt transmission in April ( I can show you receipt and 1 yr warranty)
•Timing belt was changed 10-25/06 at 145,588. Water pump, crankshaft and cam seal, spark plugs transmission gasket and wiper blades replaced. Tune up was done same week.
• Brake pads, new fluid done at 136,012.
• Oil changed, fluids checked this October.





Minor annoying things you will either need to live with or repair:

I am disclosing these things to be honest and not waste your time and my time.

  • Seatbelt in the back seat right side not working (not a big deal if you don’t have a full load of passengers in your car too often)
  • Power window squeal sometimes when closing/opening
  • Illumination for the clock and radio display is out (Radio/cassette still works fine) (Use a flashlight to view)
  • 10-disc CD player in the trunk not perfectly. Doesn’t play CD’s in slots 1,2 and 7 I think.
  • Third party Alarm is not working.
  • Speedometer does not work (I've been gauging speed using the tach and traffic around me. Quite easy to get used to.)
  • Various scratches in paint and colored bumpers, but no rust (very strong primer/galvanization I guess). No dents.
  • Tiny scratch/crack in front windshield, It has been there since I bought it. Fortunately it has never gotten any bigger.
  • Passenger inside door handle is cracked and needs repair. Door can be opened by yanking handle forward. Driver-side door handle has a crack in the surrounding molding, but still works. If you are going to repair one, I suggest you repair both.
  • Missing front left wheel cover
  • Rear view mirror night switch does not work.
Except for the possibly the door handles, none of these issues prevent this car from being a safe, reliable, and economical mode of transportation.

No comments: