Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hyundai Does the Decent Thing

Hyundai has finally addressed the issue of some Elantras not telling the right speed and the right amount of mile driven. Some complaints I read on Edmunds.com's Elantra forum reported differences of up to 10%. I heard about this before I bought my car, so I test drove my car along with my friend's Acura TL to check speed and it was spot on with it.

I won't retype the whole letter but it says automatic equipped Elantras made thru 5/28/07 MAY indicate fasters speeds and more miles than actual.

They are asking us to take our car to the dealer (call for appt)and they will reprogram the Electronic Control Unit at no charge.

They will also extend the mileage period of all warranties provided with your vehicle by 3.0%
(the percentage was red in my letter so I made it red here)

Good to know the company cares about our satisfaction and is doing something about this.


No comments: