Thursday, June 17, 2010

Seeing Elantras Almost Regularly Now


You know when you get a new car, you kind of have an eye out to see who else has gotten one. It's just some weird thang. Over a year ago I found this blog in SE Asia where this dude camera-phoned every Elantra/Avante he saw and he saw lots.

Even just 8 months ago, it was difficult for me to spot another late model Elantra. Spotting one was like seeing a rainbow. I know it has been selling decently, but because of the lack of sightings, I thought the Bay Area still wasn't giving Hyundai respect.
But in the last 4 months or so, I have been spotting an Elantra or two almost every other day. Yesterday I spotted an Elantra, a Genesis coupe and a new Sonata on the same morning drive into the City. The only Hyundai that still being shy so to speak is the Elantra Touring wagon. I might've seen one on the streets so far. But it seems that seeing an Elantra sedan no longer can be classified as an unusual experience and more and more Californias are opting for one over a Corolla or Civic.

No comments: