Friday, February 19, 2010

First Accident, Part 2

Odometer: 17608
MPG: 30.1

So far the accident handling has gone smoothly.
Though I got a few suggestions for autobody shops from friends and relatives, I decided to rely on Yelp. I selected a shop near me with stellar reviews called Gava's. They seemed pretty straightforward and unshifty, so first impressions were good. Got me an estimate in about 15 minutes. Found additional damage the metal floorboard where the spare rests.

I called the guy that hit me with the autobody shop's estimate (over $4000) and he on the spot decided he can't pay out of pocket.
By the time I called AAA, they had already found out the guy filed a claim with his insurance.

AAA was pretty quick in getting Hertz to call me. The only thing I needed to do was call State Farm to let them know I intended to seek some medical treatment/diagnosis.

I saw a chiropractor yesterday. They said basically what State Farm said, that they wouldn't pay me or AAA until all medical treatments were concluded.

Hertz gave me a brand new Nissan Versa sedan (under 80 miles on the odometer). It is a cheap little car, but it drives fine. Engine has pep though harsh sounding. I expected it to feel roomier based on the first commercials, but most of the space is headroom. Worse thing about it is that the new car smell is almost overwhelming.

No comments: