Thursday, November 26, 2009

Update On Recall and New Sonata Unveiled

I brought my car in. The recall issue was fixed for free. I also got my !5,000 mile scheduled maintenance taken care of, as well as rotating the tires. Got it all done in one day. $299 out of my pocket was the only negative of the experience.

Finally seeing commercials for the Elantra Touring in the U.S. Very soft sell. Has a young couple filling up their car for a trip. Basically saying it offers a lot of space. Not a very memorable spot.

The Canadian commercial seems to have attracted more attention because of the attractive mom in the spot. Not much more effective in touting its many features, but at least it has gotten more people talking.



While looking for the new U.S. commercial for Elantra (no luck) I stumbled upon some Korean commercials for the 2011 Sonata. They really went all out with the design. Those who like the mild mannered handsomeness of the current Sonata might get turned off by the deeply etched character lines and toothy grin of the expansive grill. I see cues drawn from Mercedes and Lincoln. With the sleek shape, I can't see it as being as roomy or practical as the current model, but I think the aim was to one up the sporty Mazda 6 and Altima, not to make another Camry. It does this in spades.

No comments: