Monday, November 26, 2007

Another Unscheduled Visit To The Dealer


Odometer: 2260 miles
Average MPG: 24.6
Average speed: 24mph

So far I've had to bring my car in to zap a computer program that was giving faulty speedometer/odometer readings (actually I felt my car didn't have this problem, but I did it anyway) and I had to replace a cracked "dead pedal".

Last week I found out my hood release was not working, so I brought it in today to have it looked at. It seems the cable had slipped off the lever. To be fair, this is not a defect. It seemed when they fixed the dead pedal, they needed to move the hood release lever out of the way. It seems that the mechanic did not install the hood release back properly.

They fixed it while I waited. Took about 15 minutes and I was free to go. Of course there was no charge. There wasn't even any paperwork.

The 2008 Consumer Reports car issue is out on the newstands. I did a quick skim at the Safeway. According to them the Elantra has shown above average reliability for the first year of a new model iteration. Good to know.

In CR's October 2007 issue, it outscored the Mitsubishi Lancer, Nissan Sentra, and Scion xB in testing of a group of four small sedans and wagons for the October issue. The Elantra now ranks sixth overall among the 14 small cars that CR has tested recently. The Elantra got 27 mpg in CR’s own fuel economy tests better than what I'm currently getting...dagnabit.

CR reports, "The redesigned Hyundai Elantra is well-rounded, roomier, and more fuel efficient, and has a more pleasant interior than many more expensive cars.

No comments: